Saturday, April 28, 2007

We Will Rock You & Avant-premiere


Took this shot of Sam & Steve in Dundas Square before we headed out for dinner at the Savoy (formerly the Senator) on Victoria St and on to We Will Rock You at the Canon Theatre. I really liked the show: fantastic music by Queen, amazing staging and fun little quips between songs. My cohorts were less impressed and somewhat disgruntled about the lack of plot.


What do you expect? It was way better than Andrew Lloyd Webber's Starlight Express which I saw in London in the 80s. Plus, I'm sure I enjoyed it more than I would have enjoyed Blue Man Group. Somehow, I'd rather listen to 3 hours of amazing Queen music & lyrics and see exciting staging than watch 2 hours of drumming by 3 guys who refuse to talk. Maybe it's just me.

Ran 6K this morning - felt great. Tonight is the world premiere of Marathon Women at hot docs. Will update after the screening.

1 comment:

BunkleLife said...

Ya, I've seen BMG (not by choice really - they were opening for David Bowie) - and they wear thin. Really fast. If only Tobias was really a member.... Though I suspect that I would have been somewhat less impressed along with the rest of your cohorts - I'll not go off on a tirade, but suffice it to say I'd rather rub sand in my eyes ;-)

Best of luck tonight - i want to hear all about it!!
J