Thursday, April 12, 2007

Genius haiku

Richard and our friend Chris had a haiku dialogue that I HAVE to include on my blog:

Chris started:
work Easter Monday
i have things i should do now
the bunny says not.

Rich replied:
You Haiku master
You are a Haiku Master
I will use "now" now

Chris highlighted the egg hunt scheduled in Goderich for Easter Saturday, then expounded:
eggs under fresh snow
will not be found until May
they do not stink, now

no more work today
soon, Jackie heads to the Grave
Chris travels there, now

FYI dear readers, the Grave is not death, but rather the Hargrave, our local pub (also featured in a cheesy movie with Gerard Depardieu, Renaud and Harvey Keitel which we saw in St. Martin)

And to that brilliant haiku, Rich replied:
have a pint for me
if i walk i will see you
soon may, but not now

Then Chris commented on Rich's new haircut and encouraged his pint at the Grave:
Your short wind blown hair
Yearn for summer breeze caress
It won't happen, now

Guinness is yummy
A reward for ill weather
Very well earned, now

Finally Rich weighed in with final comments about a patron of the Grave:
Crazy chick is gone
Don't leave me alone with her
No one's biking now

And that, my friends, is the document of the haiku exchange at the Hargrave Exchange

1 comment:

BunkleLife said...

oh that killed me! Nicely done. If I were more awake, I'd haiku back...