Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Hot Docs Day & Facebook

Today I took a day off work to hang out at hot docs. What a terrific day! Met Jonathan from current.tv who wants to work with new filmmakers and have them contribute video to their 24hr global news station (and internet site) which is funded by Al Gore. Very cool! I'd love to get involved.


We even met one third (Dana and Laura) of the New School team that created the short doc Blind Faith as part of the same International Documentary Challenge that Tamara and I entered. They're GRRREAAAAAAAT!! Can't wait to meet the rest of Team Blind Faith!

Saw 4 Elements - an interesting experimental doc about Fire, Water, Earth and Air. Very quiet, intriguing and stylistic. The film was quite poetic and took 4 years to make, in Siberia, Alaska, Kazakstan and Germany.

Plus, I have 14 friends on Facebook. So there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I got into it with a fella from Current.tv at True/False this year! Those guys are everywhere!!