Thursday, September 08, 2005

Green Acres

I read today that this year's Emmy Awards on Sept. 18, Donald Trump and Megan Mullally (Karen from Will and Grace) are just two of the stars who will be singing musical tributes to TV theme songs. The two will sing a duet of the theme song from the 60's TV show Green Acres starring Eddie Albert and Eva Gabor. It made me want to remember the words, since I usually know all the words to all the songs, and I had seen the show so many times when I was young.
So here's what I remember - please sing along if you recall the tune:

(he) Green Acres is the place to be
Farm livin' is the life for me
Land stretching out a far and wide
Keep Manhattan - just look at that countryside!

(she) New York is where I'd rather stay
I get allergic smelling hay
I just adore a penthouse view
Darling I love you, but give me Park Avenue

do-do-do-do-do (he) The chores
do-do-do-do-do (she) The stores!
do-do-do-do-do (he) Fresh air
do-do-do-do-do (she) Times Square

(he) You are my wife
(she) Goodbye city life
(both) Green Acres we are there!

So were you humming along? I hope so.
Thursday night I see my first film... please check back throughout the fest for my reviews!
Good night.... MM

No comments: