Monday, January 19, 2009

New year, New job, Cool books

Well, Barack Obama is starting his new job as the 44th President tomorrow. Good for him! Congratulations Barack! Historic, unprecedented, inspring. And William Peterson (aka Gil Grissom on CSI) is leaving and Morpheus (aka Lawrence Fishburne) is joining the team in Vegas.

I started a new job too! I am on a 6 month secondment with the Ministry of the Environment as Senior Project Advisor for the new Environmental Programs Division (EPD). That means I'm still with the Ontario Public Service (OPS) and working in a new ministry for awhile. I am really enjoying my new position. I love the job and the people I work with and I'm learning a lot of new things every day.

Also enjoying my new Digital Video Editing course at George Brown College on Monday nights. If you get a chance, read the compelling book In the Blink of an Eye by iconic editor Walter Murch. He edited Godfather Part 2, Apocalypse Now (it took over 2 years) and The Conversation starring Gene Hackman. Another great book on film is The Conversations: Walter Murch and the Art of Editing Film. Michael Ondaatje interviews Walter Murch. Fascinating stuff. Murch is a genius.

Sending all my American friends lots of love (Canada has already given Obama a 52% approval rating and he hasn't even done anything yet!) Hearts to my favourite Obama Mama in Ancaster. GO MARY! Love, MM

1 comment:

BunkleLife said...

The Ondaatje book is a fantastic read! and glad things are going well work & funwise