Saturday, January 03, 2009

haikugirl's top picks for 2008

Now remember, I have not seen Doubt or Changeling or Gran Torino (and I refuse to see The Wrestler) but these are my top 11 favourite movies of 2008:

1. Slumdog Millionaire
2. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
3. JCVD
4. IronMan
5. Milk
6. Man on Wire
7. RocknRolla
8. The Dark Knight
9. Quantum of Solace
10. All Together Now
11. Rachel Getting Married

You will note I have not distinguished between fiction and doc - they're here if I liked them or thought they were good. A rather eclectic list, if I do say so myself!

2 comments:

BunkleLife said...

Good to hear JCVD is good - almost saw it at VIFF this year, will try and catch it. Doubt is excellent - am guessing you haven't seen it or it would be ON THE LIST!!!

BunkleLife said...

Just saw Benjamin Button - my response? Meh. I felt like I should have liked it a lot more than I did - all the components were there, but I just didn't connect with it. I think I was finding all the aging special effects kind of ... irritating. I know, I know, it's just me. But give me the Wrestler or Doubt over this anytime.