Saturday, January 03, 2009

Happy New Year!

Wow - 2008 just swooshed out the door and now it's 2009!

Had a wonderful relaxing Christmas (my brother joined us from Oakville for Christmas Day now he's in frigid Winnipeg) and I've been working in between (during STBW "sucks to be working" week.) Took off Dec 31 for my b-day and had a nice lunch at Holt Renfrew Cafe with fellow December birthday friends Pavlina & Mary and then off to see Milk at Varsity. Sean Penn is outstanding - definitely Oscar-worthy. Heard Mickey Rourke was dissing Sean in a text message calling him a homophobe. Both are nominated for Golden Globes along with Brad Pitt who is amazing (and gorgeous) in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Guess we'll see on January 11 who wins and on January 22nd when Oscar noms are announced.

P.S. Was very sad to read that John Travolta's son Jett died while they were on vacation in the Bahamas. Attention Celebrities: don't go on vacation in the Bahamas! Bad things happen.

The week of January 5 is my last week in my current job - on January 12 (all bleary-eyed after watching the Golden Globes on Sunday the 11th) I'm off to a 6 month secondment as Senior Project Advisor with the the Ministry of the Environment helping the Environmental Programs Division expand their use of new media. I am really excited about this new opportunity and will keep you all updated - promise! Plus I'm taking a digital video editing course at George Brown College on Monday nights - hoping to get my chops up before the next International Documentary Challenge March 5-9, 2009. It's going to be a busy year!

haikugirl wishes
you & yours Happy '09
Have an awesome year!

No comments: