Tuesday, March 11, 2008

IDC 2008: WE DID IT!

Last night Erin and I finished our IDC video and got it into Purolator just under the wire to meet the competition deadline. We missed the FedEx cut-off of 7:30pm at the local depot and I called Purolator and they were open till 9:00pm. Only the woman on the phone gave me the wrong info and we drove to Yonge and Adelaide and found no location. The odyssey continued at the next nearby Staples Business Depot where Sandra at Purolator helped us complete the paperwork and get our essential store-generated timestamp. 8:45pm on March 10, 2008. HOORAY Team haikugirl! WE DID IT!!! AMAZING!!!

Videos must be less than 8 minutes long or they're disqualified. Ours is 7:06:18 including credits which is okay. And it reflects the genre and theme and includes the required time element. We think you'll like our film too, Team Profluence and friends. THANKS TO EVERYONE - friends and family - for your messages of support during an exhausting weekend. Erin and I were at for 36 hours straight (basically since my last post). I got only 45 minutes sleep Sunday night sometime between 5:00am and 6:00am. We were editing in tandem at the Ryerson Lab and using my new G RAID external hard drive with 1 TeraByte (TB) of space. That's 1,000 GigaBytes (GB) or 1,000,000 MegaBytes (MB) people. Enough to store a lifetime of photos and music (or at least a big feature film edit). It's so sleek, silver and sexy - and the perfect complement to my MacBook Pro and Final Cut Express - it makes me feel like a real filmmaker!

I am also lovin' the groovy music on the new album by Sia called some people have real problems. I am groovin' out on it right now after hearing and buying it yesterday at Starbucks. I especially like Track 10 - Soon We'll Be Found but really the whole album is great. I'm glad I didn't let Richard buy it on emusic.com because the album artwork is so playful and charming. Check it out and let me know what you think.

After we submitted our film, Erin and I went to The Rivoli to celebrate with martinis and dinner. She had yummy soba noodles and I had delicious STEAK, mashed potatoes and a delicious medley of grilled vegetables. We must plan more martinis with Team Profluence when (god willing) everyone is reunited at hotdocs in April.

IDC's a WRAP!
Thanks to Erin for her help
Watch for photos soon...

No comments: