Friday, March 14, 2008

Hot Docs

I am liking the selections on the early list of Special Presentations at hot docs. Films by Errol Morris, survivors of Alive (the Andes crash) and Sandrine Bonnaire's directorial debut. Very interesting stuff.

Although I idolize Dr. Seuss, I am NOT interested in seeing Horton Hears a Who until it's out on video. Why are Canadians (Jim Carrey, Mike Myers) always involved in Dr. Seuss on the big screen? Did you know Dr. Seuss was born the same year as my grandmother, AND he lived on Howard Street in Springfield, MASS (Rich & I lived on Howard Street in TO)

Lots of great videos are now available to rent so it's my chance to catch up before I see my next movie in theatres: Run, Fat Boy, Run with Simon Pegg. My next rentals are: No Country for Old Men, American Gangster, and Gone, Baby Gone. Which are your favourites?

No comments: