Sunday, March 09, 2008

Less than 30 hours to go!

Less than 30 hours remain in our weekend filmmaking competition the International Documentary Challenge. Saturday we wrapped our 3rd successful day of shooting after 2 great interviews and 2 awesome Bacchus rotis. The SNOW was UNSTOPPABLE! At least 30cm (12 inches) overnight and all day. Every 3 hours when we moved Erin's car we had to spend 10 minutes cleaning it off the accumulation was so bad! It took me over 30 minutes to walk from the Dundas West subway in all the snow to our first interview shoot. En route I saw a crime scene on Roncesvalles and got Lost in the Barrens trying to navigate the back alleys of the neighbourhood. If I froze to death at least they'd find my footage. Back at home at night I made some delicious broccoli soup (this weekend, it's all about the food!) and a few phone calls then settled down to capture footage but was falling asleep in front of the computer. Spent a moment chatting online with my friends in Team Profluence in New York and am sending positive vibes to Team Whoretoculture in DC. GOOD LUCK EVERBODY! SEE YOU IN TORONTO!!!

Sunday morning and I'm using OneZone, the largest WiFi zone in Canada, at my old familiar Starbucks at College & Yonge before I meet Erin at Ryerson to keep capturing and start editing. It's crunch time babies and we are gonna rock the edit lab! Our genre is ART and our theme is CHANGE and our goal today is to whittle 11 hours of tape into a compulsively watchable, award-winning short doc!

Team haikugirl ROCKS
AWESOME interviews and art
shooting in the snow

3 comments:

BunkleLife said...

Hope it all goes fantastically well!!! Keeping my fingers crossed.

Ted Fisher said...

Good luck! I hope it went well.

I'm exhausted.

tf

rackle said...

Yay! We did it!

Erin 8)