Tuesday, March 25, 2008

movies, movies, movies

I am looking forward to this weekend's release of Run, Fat Boy, Run - missed it at TIFF and after running a marathon (and making a short marathon movie) I need to see how David Schwimmer directs Simon Pegg who decides to run a marathon to win his fiancee (Thandie Newton) back. I like the message in the trailer: "Relationships are like marathons. They require dedication, discipline and determination, of which Dennis has none." They also borrow the line: "It's not how you start, it's how you finish" which I first heard by Gerard Depardieu as Chef Didier in the delightful movie Last Holiday with Queen Latifah.

Also interested in a couple of films at this year's Cinefranco - the 11th annual French film fest in Toronto. Planning to choose between Toi on Friday, Crossed Tracks on Saturday, or Conversations with my Gardener on Sunday.

Also interested in a charity event on Friday night at the Dominion pub on King East. One of the subjects in my new video has donated a work of art for auction. Will there be time for sleep and a run this weekend??? Watch for reviews early next week.

No comments: