Friday, September 21, 2007

I'm back

My dear friends and blogwatchers. Humble apologies from haikugirl. September has been crazy in life and work, and blogging fell lower in the priority list than sleep. Now it's 3:30am and I thought I'd catch you up on what's been happening...

RUNNING: During the filmfest I did run my 80K in 10 days. Last Saturday was 27K and tomorrow we run 31K so our half marathon (21K) next Sunday, September 30 is actually a fallback run. I never thought I'd read that in print so you may be as stunned as I. The 27 took about as much time as the 24 the previous week because we were more disciplined and stuck to more consistent speed (close to 8K an hour). Based on our time last Saturday, we are more confident about making the bridge at mile 19 in Washington so there was much to celebrate. Last night (Thursday) we were out at the newbie BBQ for JeansMarines. It was a wonderful event and heartwarming to meet everyone's partners. Definitely put us in the spirit for our upcoming races.

TIFF: Saw a total of 9 movies at TIFF this year (had to work screening times around my agressive running schedule). Guy Maddin's My Winnipeg won the Toronto-City Award for Best Canadian Feature Film. I didn't see it because he drives me crazy - even though as a former Winnipegger I am supposed to like him (I gave last year's Brand Upon the Brain 1 out of 5 (but 5 for foley). Perhaps I will see My Winnipeg eventually as an hommage to my old home town. I also plan to see David Cronenberg's Eastern Promises, which won the Cadillac People's Choice Award and is already out in theatres. I also want to see Run Fat Boy Run which is coming soon as a laugh before my upcoming races. I have added new posts with the rest of my TIFF movie reviews so please scroll down.

WORK: My runs take so long that it's like another part-time job (12 hours/week with travel and prep time) and the pace at work has picked up dramatically in September. I am looking forward to Thanksgiving and hope my Dad can visit us in Toronto.

haikugirl is back!
running and blogging take time
Thanks for your patience...

No comments: