Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Midsummer Night's Run 2008


On Saturday night we ran A Midsummer Night's Run 15K and got a gorgeous Finisher's medal and technical shirt which I plan to wear to work this week. Thank God for my running partner Mary who stayed with me the entire distance! MARY YOU ARE THE BEST! We ran and chatted together for over 2 hours - our official chip time was 2:09:41 - and we finished in the dark (Gary was a STAR for waiting!) Richard finished with a great 1:32:49 chip time and we saw JM friends Karen and Lauren along the 15K route and Elizabeth who ran 30K - WAY TO GO EVERYONE! All of us in the race had to wear flashing reflective lights or we were not allowed to run. There were some great views of the city at dusk from the Leslie Street Spit at Tommy Thomson Park including the skyline and a gorgeous full moon. 15K is the farthest I have run this year! My Running Room coach even spotted me near the finish and took a photo (thanks Kathryn!) The race was fun and good practice for the Nike+ Human Race 10K in 2 weeks on Aug 31 and the Scotiabank Half Marathon on Sept 28.

No comments: