Sunday, February 24, 2008

Oscar Watch & Marathons

After dinner Saturday night with the M-Club at Jamie Kennedy Wine Bar, woke up to start watching all-day "Road to the Oscars" coverage, beginning with a great edition of Sunday Morning on CBS including a humorous comparison of the Oscar race to the 2008 Election. Most of my Oscar picks mirror the popular choices but I also like comparing "who will win" to "who should win". I agree with most of the Independent Spirit Award winners - and can't wait to see the fashions on the red carpet later today. In just a few hours, I'll be comfortably in my basement in my cone of silence watching the red carpet fashion parade on the new big screen. Hope you are able to catch all the festivities.

Then the excitement continues tomorrow night with the screening of Marathon Women at the NFB. Enjoy and send me your Oscar picks and pans!

Congratulations to the anonymous haikugirl reader who just completed a mountain marathon (see Comments). Don't worry - I'm told irritability is a common side effect of dehydration - my own Marathon Recovery was pretty manageable. Enjoy this encore link to the Flora London Marathon "day after the marathon" video and keep running!

No comments: