Monday, February 04, 2008

Juno


SEE JUNO!!!! The female contingent of our film club saw it on Fri. Jan. 25 and enjoyed it very much. I LOVED this movie. Ellen Page (from Halifax) is 20 and plays 16 year-old Juno, a pregnant teen who decides to give her baby up for adoption to a happy young couple: Jennifer Garner and Jason Bateman. This was the second movie I saw in 2008 that involved a composer (Hugh Grant in Music & Lyrics and Jason Bateman in this). I bought the soundtrack and am inspired to write my own homemade songs, for her it seems as easy as baking cookies. Kimya Dawson of The Moldy Peaches writes most of the tracks on the soundtrack and I love her poetry and simple melodies. It puts a giant smile on my face every time I hear it and it lets me cruise along sidewalks and in elevators with a knowing grin (doesn't that always freak other people out??) My Oscar Prediction: Diablo Cody will win Best Original Screenplay for this gem of a movie but Ellen Page (as talented and deserving as she is) will likely lose to Julie Christie for Away From Her. Juno is a smartmouthed teenage girl and you wonder what makes her say all those funny, crazy things and she and the movie wouldn't be as unforgettable if she didn't say all those amazing things. Fresh, funny and totally satisfying - I want to encourage you to SEE THIS MOVIE (then post your reviews or comments here!)

P.S. Did you know her hamburger phone is the hottest selling item on eBay right now?

Juno is awesome
the soundtrack is wonderful
I hope you love it

No comments: