Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Number 23 and All Bets are ON!

Number 23
kinda spooky, kinda weird,
kinda lame ending

Saw this on Pay-Per-Vu and it was alright - a decent rental. Virginia Madsen looks pretty hot for most of the film and Jim Carrey does a pretty good job. I won't spoil the ending but it was pretty wimpy.

Out to Morton's on Friday night (to quote my lovely husband "Feb 15 is the new Feb 14"). A mighty dinner and bill but then he lost a bet (everyone knows it wasn't Katie Holmes with Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible III, it was Michelle Monahan, soon to be in Made of Honor with Patrick Dempsey). We made another bet on Saturday night while watching our Las Vegas Marathon on the PVR. Rich said: it's that guy from Survivor 2nd season and I said Whaa?? Anyway, Rich was right (this time) - it WAS Colby Donaldson playing a dog lover with a giant great dane (this is on Mystery channel folks so it is an old 2005 Las Vegas episode). I would never have remembered the guy's name (my Mom would - she's a die hard Survivor fan) so I had to IMdB him (like Larry Birkhead, whom Sarah just spotted at The Cove Atlantis) but I AM impressed that Rich plucked the reference out of nowhere. So he's getting dinner at the Keg (York St) this month. Congratulations Rich!

No comments: