Tuesday, July 31, 2007

TIFF prediction #1: Sweeney Todd


As you know, Tim Burton has often brought his films to the festival - we saw Corpse Bride in 2005 and you can see my silly pic with Johnny Depp on the homepage of haikugirl.com.

This year I predict TIFF will screen Tim's latest production Sweeney Todd reuniting Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter and I will be DYING to see it. Alan Rickman and Sacha Baron Cohen are also on board so there will be plenty of star power. I bet it will be at the VISA Screening room (or possibly GALA) but unfortunately now we will have to vie for tickets with the riffraff since we declined to buy the VISA series this year (as we have done for the past 3 years) because they jacked up the price from $185 to $325 for 8 movies!!! If it does end up at TIFF, it will definitely be one of my picks.

1 comment:

BunkleLife said...

*sigh*....TIFF....*sigh*

If so, I look forward to "Snaps with Mr. Depp - Volume 2" ;-)