Sunday, July 08, 2007

Toronto is festival capital

Just read a review on blogTO about the Titanic Exhibition at the Ontario Science Centre. Sounds fascinating and I definitely plan to go - thank goodness it's on till January 2008 which gives me enough time to get up there. The summer has been frantic and we haven't even planned our vacation yet. Plus as a native Toronto blogger I think I need to get something posted on blogTO - n'est-ce pas?

According to the ReelheART festival, Toronto is festival capital and it's tough to get your film festival known. Maybe that's why I just found out about the Toronto Film Challenge Summer 2007 which is a 48-hour film challenge taking place in town next weekend. The filmmakers FAQ gives you an idea of the competition rules and it's all happening this weekend: July 13th to 15th. For 48 hours of madness, I'm willing to pay the $250 entry fee (for a Producer/Director credit, naturally) - so who wants to be on my team of 10??? Post your comments today - there isn't much time. Shout out to Tamara. Ted and Jan - can't you fly in? Call me - mmp/haikugirl

48 hours:
a crappy feature but a
great short film contest

2 comments:

BunkleLife said...

Alas next weekend is one of my summer highlights - the Vancouver folk fest - but I hope you get a posse and get it goin' on! (though I would like to be on the team at some future point, that is FOR SURE)

Ted Fisher said...

If I wasn't headed to New Hampshire to get married this weekend, I would be there. It sounds like a blast.

tf