Wednesday, March 14, 2007

IDC Judging

Out of 95 teams who entered IDC, 79 submitted films on time. Now the judging begins.

As films come in, IDC checks paperwork and digitizes and converts the films. These are put into an on-line judges' screening room where the Round 1 Judges (30 documentary professionals from across the world) watch and rate all of the films. The 12 top rated films from Round 1 will go on to premiere at the Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Film Festival in Toronto on the evening of Saturday, April 28. At the screening, the Round 2 Judges (3 influential international documentary professionals who will be at Hot Docs) will select and announce the Grand Prize Winner from the 12 finalists. IDC hopes to announce the 12 finalists by April 2 to give the filmmakers enough time to make travel plans to Toronto. Each finalist will receive a free pass to Hot Docs and the Grand Prize Winner will receive $1,000 and a trophy.

Pretty exciting stuff! April 2 is less than 3 weeks away!!!

Both Joe's team (whoretoculture films) and our team (haikugirl) made it into the final 79. Joe wrote me such a sweet email last week I have to put in my blog:

MM,
I was just checking your blog and reading about your successful completion of the competition. Many, many, many congratulations! I am so glad you did it this year, and now you see what an exhausting but exhilirating experience it is. Based on the voice-mails I got from you, it sounds like you had a blast, and it sounds like you might be giving us a run for our money! I sincerely hope both our teams' entries will be screening next month at Hot Docs. Either way, I can't wait to see your project and to show you ours. Congratulations again on a major accomplishment!
--joe

GO TEAMS! Congratulations to all and good luck with the judging...
-haikugirl & creative ape

1 comment:

BunkleLife said...

So very excited for you guys & look forward to seeing what my super talented pals have put together - Tam has sent a copy my way, cannot WAIT!!!
Thanks for the blog comment by the way - I will keep the reviews coming!
J.