Tuesday, March 06, 2007

IDC is a WRAP!

After staying up all night Sunday to edit, Tamara and I grabbed a cab to the Fedex depot at Sherbourne and Lakeshore on Monday afternoon to drop off our IDC video. Our Fedex tracking number 854035815983 shows it was picked up at 4:51pm Monday, March 5, 2007 in time for the 5:00pm deadline. I just checked at fedex.ca and it's now at the local Fedex facility in St. Louis, Missouri waiting for delivery to KDHX TV, co-sponsors of IDC. Winners will be announced at the hot docs international documentary festival in Toronto April 19-29, 2007.

Our final running time was 4:43 - with the required colour bars & slate (Team Name, Genre, City & Country, Title) at the beginning we're at about a 5-minute running time. It was an intense weekend and we worked hard (I hadn't pulled an all-nighter since university days!) Tamara was our SUPASTAH editor and I provided feedback and ideas (and 24-hour craft services) and we had product we were proud of in the can by 1:00pm Monday and shipped by our deadline. I screened it for Richard last night and he thought it was great (very emotional) - we used his original music from Curbside Lapse for our score.

IDC's a wrap!
hooray for team haikugirl!
see us at hot docs?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've never been called a SUPASTAH before. I like it. But YOU too were a SUPASTAH, baby. Love ya! Had an AWESOME time with you, girlfriend!!!! Ukrainian girls RULE! And I can't thank Richard enough for letting us use his music for the doc. I was just listening to the music tonight - Beautiful. Much love, --T