Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Showcase Ontario 2006

Since the Spring, I have been working on the Steering Committee for Showcase Ontario 2006. This education and exhibition takes place at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre and attracts about 6000 attendees each year, mostly from the public sector.

Last night was the Showcase Merit Awards Dinner and one of the initiatives I'm working on won an award for Working Together for our partnership with the federal government: The Institute I&IT E-Learning Gateway. Yesterday I finally met the people I had been working with virtually since last November and we received our award and enjoyed a lovely dinner and celebration. I had also organized an E-Learning Panel that afternoon which included 3 panellists and generated a lot of excellent questions and discussion.

Today is Day 3 of Showcase and my team OPS Learning & Development has another panel discussion about how our branches support the OPS HR Plan. It's going to be busy going to the show and helping prepare for the panel at 2:00 today.

Between the SJR Reunion, the FilmFest and Showcase, September has been a hectic month. I'm looking forward to some downtime in October - can't believe Thanksgiving is less than 2 weeks away!

No comments: