Monday, October 01, 2007

WE DID IT IN TORONTO!


It was a great feeling to finish the half marathon (21K) on Sunday. Richard did it in 2:16:22 (chip time) and Hardish and I held hands and crossed the finish line together at 3:08:59. Check it all out at SportStats.ca or scroll through the half marathon results and find our names (at 3810 for Rich and 5139th place for me out of 5364). I was actually 435 out of 461 for my age group which means 25 more people my age finished behind me. So there.

The winner John Kelai of Kenya ran the fastest marathon ever on Canadian soil: 2:09:30 WOW! The full marathon in less time than we did the half. We watched the elite runners pass by us on their way home (we were still heading out) and it was nice to share the course with them even for a few seconds...

Richard and I are wearing our finishers medals at work today. Thanks to Pavlina for her photos!!!

Now focus shifts to our full marathon (42K) in DC less than a month away. Just found out they changed the course for 2007 so the first half is very hilly. We will do some hill training here, and then WE WILL DO IT IN WASHINGTON!!

No comments: