Friday, August 31, 2007

TIFF selections

Gave my picks for TIFF
Will box 29 bring luck?
Check back Labour Day

The excitement and whirlwind of the festival has begun! On Tuesday morning I picked up my TIFF Programme book and envelopes for Ivana and I to submit our picks. She emailed her list and I conferred with my TIFF peeps (Keith, who's in town working on a project, Pavlina, and DC Joe). Can't wait for our mini-reunion during the fest!!

Dropped the envelopes off Thursday after work. We are in box 29. Hopefully they won't pick box 30 or we'll be the very last. Here are my final picks. (Note: I had to severely cut back the number of films due to my marathon training schedule)

Thurs Sept 6 - RUN 10K
Fri Sept 7 - Disengagement
Sat Sept 8 - RUN 24K then The Assassination of Jesse James (1st choice) or In Bloom (2nd)
Sun Sept 9 - Then She Found Me (cuz Alison scored tickets online - YAY!) then Le Deuxième Souffle (1st) or Operation Filmmaker (2nd)
Mon Sept 10 - Elizabeth: The Golden Age (1st) or Man from Plains (2nd) then Run Fat Boy, Run (1st) or Lars and the Real Girl (2nd)
Tues Sept 11 - RUN 6K
Wed Sept 12 - Married Life (1st) or La Fille coupée en deux (2nd)
Thurs Sept 13 - E-Learning Forum at the MaRS in the day then RUN 13K in the evening
Fri Sept 14 - Chacun son cinéma (1st) or Chaotica Ana (2nd)
Sat Sept 15 - RUN 27K

That means during the 10 days of TIFF I will be running a total of 67K and seeing 8 movies and working full time. Incroyable...

Friday after 1:00 they email everyone about how many boxes there are. On Sunday, they email us with our list of successful matches for our picks and on the holiday Monday we pick the tickets up at the box office (right downstairs where I work at College Park).

No comments: