Thursday, August 24, 2006

TIFF - The Heat is On!

Just exchanged emails with my FilmFest gang. We are pleased with our 6:00pm VISA Screening Room lineup (but I'm still disappointed so many of the movies I want are Gala Presentations at Roy Thomson Hall - I'm not paying $50 a movie to see stars from the 2nd balcony).

We need to try for a group pick and Babel on Sunday at 11:30 stands out as a great choice. I want to take the Monday off to see For Your Consideration - the new Christopher Guest film with his cast of hilarious regulars. I am also interested in The Wind That Shakes the Barley by Ken Loach since it won the Palme d'Or at Cannes this year. I can't believe I'll see Guy Maddin at TIFF on the first Friday night!! (used to loathe him, now I think he's marginally acceptable.)

VIVE LE FESTIVAL!

No comments: