Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Ready for TIFF and TUFF

Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) tickets went on sale Monday, July 7 and I've bought my 10-ticket package for $167 (and one for Ivana when she gets back). This year, they're telling us we can't use our tickets to bid for VISA Screening Room movies, even though we've done that every year since 2002. VISA Screening Tickets are $45 (the 8-film package is already sold out at $350+GST) and I paid that last year for 2 individual VISA tickets but we will have to see how they lay everything out in the order form in August.

Every year TIFF increases its prices and adds more rules. Visit haikugirlmovies for my latest RANT about TIFF. I don't think the TIFF founders wanted this "people's festival" to become out of reach for the average Toronto filmlover. They are offering student and senior pricing this year and a new student daypass but what about the diehard non-students like haikugirl & friends who've been going and supporting this festival for years?

I also submitted my TIFF for TUFF 1 minute movie into the Toronto Urban Film Festival. It's a photo montage of the stars I've seen at TIFF through the years. Cross your fingers for me! If I'm a finalist you'll see my movie on the ONESTOP screens in most subway stations - over 1 million people can view it during TIFF in September and vote online!

No comments: