Saturday, April 19, 2008

Under the Knife

haikugirl's been busy recovering from surgery so that's why you've seen no new posts for a while. Thanks to everyone for their support and concern - I am definitely on the mend but these things always take more time than you think. It's amazing how much we use our stomach muscles every day.

surgery went well
4 holes in my stomach and
5-inch fibroid gone

For more under the knife, I saw Nip/Tuck tonight (the Lulu Grandiron episode). Talk about night of a million stars (or should I say night of a million 80's has beens). This one included Donna Mills of Knot's Landing fame, a freaky-looking Joan Van Ark (who appears to have had too much low-budget plastic surgery in her real life) also a Knot's Landing alum, and even a handsome-looking Shari Belafonte. They were playing a group of Miami socialites who wanted Christian (the dreamy Julian McMahon) to do all their plastic surgery. It had a funny twist ending which I won't spoil. It just made me want to search IMdB to get all the names right. And I was wrong about who played Eden, Dr. McNamara's new love interest. I thought it was Kelli Garner of Lars and the Real Girl and Thumbsucker but it's AnnaLynne McCord. And Sharon Gless of Cagney & Lacey is the doc's lying agent. Could they cram more beloved has beens in one 42-minute hour? I think not.

ungraceful aging
how many 80's has beens
can Nip/Tuck cram in?

2 comments:

Ted Fisher said...

Good to have you back. Will you be fully recovered by the end of the week?

tf

BunkleLife said...

glad to see you back on line! and glad the recovery is going well.