Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Noel 2007


Our Christmas 2007 was nice and quiet. I worked half the day on Dec 24th then headed home to get ready for dinner. Slipped out to the family mass down the street at St. Brigid's at 5:00pm then back to serve my delicious Leek and Potato soup with Black Truffles and Truffle Oil.

Our Christmas tree was lovely. We got it late (Dec 18) but it was the perfect shape and so soft to touch and hang decorations. We traditionally go to the man at the corner store nearby so he gave us a deal as returning customers ($60). Not as great a deal as at IKEA (free because the $20 you spend for the tree is really a $20 credit in store) but better than the $100 my Uncle Wes said fresh trees cost in California.

On Christmas Day we slept in, opened presents then had a visit from Mary. After a late lunch (mussels with frites - both excellent), we enjoyed Chicken Val d'Ostana for dinner. Later on Dori and her family stopped by and brought their Wii game. Lots of fun to play and watch. They even created a custom Wii persona for me.

Afterward we watched one of my Christmas presents: the animated movie Ratatouille - a rat who runs away and becomes a chef in Paris. Loved it!

Which reminds me, I need to post my Top Movies of the Year.

No comments: