Friday, November 02, 2007

DOC SOUP - C'mon, step it up!

I signed up for Doc Soup, a monthly screening series through hotdocs. Our first film was No End In Sight a haunting doc about the Iraq War told through the stories of top government officials. Disturbing how their recommendations were continually overlooked by the administration.

My second film next Wednesday is Manda Bala (Send a Bullet)

I just wish they would stop showing films about war. At hotdocs in April, they already screened some documentary films in competition at Sundance 2007. I love hotdocs Director Sean Farnell and hope he will come back from Doc Leipzig or somewhere else far away with some fresh new screening titles because I won't be able to take war, war, war all season long...

If someone wants to see Manda Bala, add a comment and let me know.

2 comments:

Ted Fisher said...

Wish I could go -- Manda Bala is excellent. You'll definitely enjoy.

tf

Mary said...

I would love to meet you there. Tell me where and when. Love your blog, esp the JM marathon part!! Congratulations. Mary from JM