Friday, June 08, 2007

Happy Anniversary and the ROM

... to MM and Rich. Five years... WOW! We had a wonderful dinner with MM's parents at reds and Rich enjoyed his birthday gifts (80G iPod, case, Nike running shirt and Lee Iacocca's memoir)

Mom, Dad & I went to the ROM to see the naked Daniel Liebeskind crystal (it's only open for a week and then closed for another 6 months to install the exhibits and bring in the dinosaurs.) It's officially called the Michael Lee-Chin Crystal and was very impressive and engaging. However, the views on Bloor are nothing to write home about (McDonalds, Pizza Hut) and the angles get tiresome after Level 4 so I'm looking forward to seeing the curves of the Frank Gehry project at the AGO whenever they're ready. At the ROM we also saw lots of wonderful exhibits in the old building including treasures from ancient Peru and the perennial kids favourite: the Bat cave (plus a stuffed version of the raccoon who's taking over my garbage.)

Tomorrow I run 11K starting at 7am. I'll let you know if I make it (a chest cold is settling in, after 2 winters of being cold-free.) Ciao bellas... MM/haikugirl

No comments: