Friday, February 02, 2007

haikugirl at the AGO

Met a dear colleague for beer o'clock at our pub downstairs. Then over to the AGO to take in the Ansel Adams / Alfred Eisenstaedt exhibition. The photos blew me away! Incredible to think that both were contemporaries but had such different styles and perspectives. Although Ansel Adams' work is beautiful I think I liked better.

Was thinking of going to see a movie tonight at Cinematheque: LA-BAS. - Grand Prize winner at the Festival International du Documentaire de Marseille. Thought it might get me in the mood for the International Documentary Challenge which I'm going to be doing in less than a month from now: March 1-5. The premise: script, shoot and edit a 7 minute documentary in less than 5 days - but you don't get assigned your topic until 8am Thursday March 1st. A very appealing prospect and I am very excited about taking part. In the meantime I'm recruiting my crew and building my Mac editing skills so stay tuned for updates.

Another project is to start jogging. Did a couple runs in sunny FLL - tomorrow morning I will run again but it will be MUCH colder... Still need to see The Queen and Dreamgirls before the Oscars. Looking forward to some schmaltz with Music and Lyrics starring Drew Barrymore and Hugh Grant - starts Valentine's Day.

1 comment:

BunkleLife said...

Argh - have to retype my comment, it didn't stick...

First - hope you have been in touch with Tam re the Doc Challenge, she was very keen.

Second - saw The Painted Veil - took a pal for her birthday, her choice but I was surprised by it - better than I'd thought tho Norton's clipped english accent was a bit Terrance & Phillip (SouthPark).

J