Saturday, October 01, 2005

ADPi Reunion

Spent a wonderful, whirlwind weekend in Winnipeg at my sorority reunion Sept 23-25. Alpha Delta Pi (Beta Theta chapter) celebrated 75 years at the University of Manitoba campus and sisters travelled from far and near to attend: Anna Dovolis came from Minneapolis, Shelley Blair came from Hamilton, Jennifer Yeo came from Vernon, BC, Laura Drosdowech came from New York, and Karen Arnold and Monica Hertzberg were there to laugh, sing and party. I got to attend all the events with my Mom because she was an ADPi before me (making me a legacy). We had lunch and a tour at the Manitoba Legislature on Friday, Sept. 23rd, a gala Dinner & Dance at the Hotel Fort Garry on Saturday night, complete with a group photo and lots of singing, and a brunch on Sunday before I had to leave on the Air Canada flight with Shelley to come back to Toronto. It was so heartwarming to see so many dear friends and mothers again (several of us were legacies and some Moms have been in sorority over 50 years). The ADPis also sing to a sweetheart at every formal and this year my Dad was chosen as sweetheart. I even managed to squeeze in a drink with my movie reviewer friend Alison Gillmor on Friday night at the Hotel Ft. Garry - what a beautiful living landmark! Hardev, sorry I missed you but it gave me lots of ideas for our 25th SJR Reunion next year. Photos to follow.

No comments: