Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Las peliculas

Today the Toronto Internation Film Festival (TIFF) released the official film list - everything that will appear at the 2005 festival from September 8-17. Scrolling through the list of titles and directors (no links to descriptions yet) things look pretty good. I am already hedging my bets about which films might be in my VISA Screening Room series each night at 9:00pm and thinking about which additional films I want to cram into my 10 days of movie madness.

For the second year in a row, I will be giving an informal lunchtime presentation on the topic of the film festival. About 30 colleagues usually attend and I plan to talk about this year's notable films (and stars), how to buy tickets and my not-so-scientific-method of picking what films to see. I usually approach it first by director, then by title ( if it's particularly unique or interesting) and finally by word of mouth or buzz.

More on my film selection theories in the next blog. Now it's time for RockStar: INXS!