Friday, April 29, 2005

Club Book et Club Film

Club Book meets tonight at The Pilot to discuss Portnoy's Complaint by Philip Roth.

Club Film meets next Friday. Ivana suggested Don't Move (Non ti Muovere) which sounds good. It screened at Talk Cinema in April and the discussion afterward was apparently "feisty". Penelope turned 31 yesterday and supposedly does a good job in Italian in this one. Check out the imdb writeup.

I just hope it is playing by next week. Otherwise, there may be other stuff to check out starting May 6 (except Crash which Ivana and I saw at the fest which was good but I don't want to see it again.) Tell Them Who You Are (a popular documentary made by the son about his filmmaker father) starts May 13 so that would be my alternate vote. Look for your choices at etonline, my best source for release dates.

Finally, don't go see Sin City. It hurt. (I think Frank Miller is a misogynist.) Do rent the combination of Finding Neverland and Spongebob Squarepants (The Movie). "I'm ready promotion, I'm ready promotion...."

No comments: