Saturday, March 26, 2005

WICKED was Wicked!

Last night I had a great evening: a delicious dinner at Reds with lelizard and then off to the Canon Theatre to see the musical Wicked. AWESOME! The "untold story of the witches of Oz" was really wonderful - amazing cast and music, great staging and costumes. One of the themes has been haunting me all day. Too bad the Toronto run is already sold out. Thanks so much to my friend for scoring and sharing her awesome orchestra seats.

After a marathon Good Friday service at church today (over 2 hours!) we rented I (heart) Huckabees and Napoleon Dynamite. The first was quite funny and interesting (with a soundtrack reminiscent of Magnolia) but the second was disappointing. I retreated upstairs to post because it got so tedious. Bed is calling but first a few haiku:

I (heart) Huckabees
existential comedy
cast of shining stars

life is too short for
Napoleon Dynamite
where is my refund?

Wicked was awesome
witches and people can be
good or bad or both

No comments: