Monday, September 15, 2008

TIFF a bust | 13 days till Scotiabank Half

Ran 16K on Saturday morning before having breakfast at Fran's then saw RocknRolla, Guy Ritchie's new film. That last burst was the best of the fest for me, next to Les Plages d'Agnes and The Secret Life of Bees. I like the impressions of Agnes' film by a fellow blogger. More of haikugirl's reviews to come. TIFF '08 was frankly a bust. Now to see the ones I missed this fall (coming soon to a theatre near you!)

My half-marathon race is less than 2 weeks away and I fell behind in my training during the fest but back at it now. Have a look at the gorgeous marathon medals for this year's event. I'll be getting the silver antique finish one on the right... provided I run 21K on Sept 28th!

1 comment:

Bob Turnbull said...

Hey there haikugirl...
Thanks for the link on your site
It brings me much joy


OK, that was lame, but there you have it...Les Plages D'Agnes was wonderful wasn't it? Now that's how you do a film essay.

Looking at your previous post, I don't really agree with your take on Synecdoche New York, but if there's a movie out there that will have a wide range of opinions - that'll be it. I mentioned in my review of it that it "bowled me over" - I can't wait to see it again. Partially because I want to see if my theory of the film actually holds up, but also because I loved the cast. Samantha Morton in particular was great, but I thought all the actresses were terrific. Granted I wanted more of Hope Davis and Catherine Keener and Emily Watson, etc. but still...